"As homeowners strive to improve the indoor air quality (IAQ) and comfort of their homes, they can be assured that the Broan QDE Series of range hoods will improve their indoor environment, while protecting and preserving the outdoor environment," according to
According to a number of leading organizations including the Home Ventilating Institute (HVI), and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), exhausting pollutants and moisture from the home is one of the best ways to ensure better IAQ. The Broan QDE Series is a great option for spot ventilation of pollutants and moisture and offers consumers a variety of features to help maximize energy savings without having to sacrifice style.
Additionally, the majority of Broan-NuTone products manufactured in the
USA are used in the , which means the carbon footprint required to make products available to homeowners is less than some competitors. In fact, 80 percent of the products sold by Broan-NuTone are manufactured in the USA . USA
Unique features of the Broan QDE Series include:
- Total savings of 564 kilowatt hours – in comparison to an equivalent model featuring halogen lights
- Energy efficient motors and lighting
- Energy-efficient, 290 CFM blower, which is controlled by a two-speed rocker switch and is extremely quiet – 50 percent quieter than the average range hood
- Compact fluorescent 13 watt bulbs that last an average of 10,000 hours
- Easily removable, dishwasher-safe aluminum filters.