Efficient energy use, sometimes simply called energy efficiency, is the goal of efforts to reduce the amount of energy required to provide products and services. For example, insulating a home allows a building to use less heating and cooling energy to achieve and maintain a comfortable living temperature. Installing fluorescent lights or natural skylights reduces the amount of energy required to attain the same level of illumination compared to using traditional incandescent light bulbs. Compact fluorescent lights use two-thirds less energy and may last 6 to 10 times longer than incandescent lights. Improvements in energy efficiency are most often achieved by adopting a more efficient technology or production process.
Here are simple tips to save energy
1) Plug all appliances into a power strip and turn the strip off when the appliances are not being used.
2) Purchase Energy Star and other efficient products.
3) Turn off lights when you leave a room.
4) Switch to fluorescent bulbs.
5) Turn off your Computer at night.
6) Install a programmable thermostat.
7) Weather strip windows and doors.
Post a Comment