Key installation tips:
- Keyhole slots and alignment tabs facilitate installation, taking the guesswork out of proper mounting.
- Elbows, turns, long ducts and ductwork smaller than the fan's exit outlet will reduce performance.
- Use Wide aluminum foil or duct tape to join smooth metal ductwork seams.
- Do not let flexible ductwork sag as this impedes airflow.
- During installation, orient the bath fan outlet in the direction of the home's exit point to minimize duct turns.
- Before adding an elbow or bend, allow 24" to 36" of straight run from the fan outlet point.
- Duct-wrap insulation (R-5 or above) will help minimize condensation in cold climates, especially on long duct runs.
- Exit vents should have backdraft flaps to help keep cold air from entering duct.